Unable to Customize GovDev Process Template

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Hi Guys

I am unable to edit/customize process template of Govdev. Like i have done with Scrum.

Why?

Getting the error:

TF248013

Kindly help me. I have already posted my Question here on MSDN.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfsgeneral/thread/0a4eedf5-952f-4844-ac7c-8ac38b23411f/
Thanks in advance!!
Waseem Bukhari
CMer
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Waseem,

Sorry to take so long to respond but my day job at MS was getting in the way here :).  The issue you are experiencing can be tracked down in the link to the error log that VS 2010 gives you from the Process Template Editor.  The error is ultimately due to the Process Template Editor inserting an extra element when it writes out the process template to disk--even if you do nt touch the file in question.  If you look in the log file you will see something like this...

Module: Work Item Tracking
Exception Message: TF248013: The WorkItemTypeFilters and WorkItemLinkFilters links control elements are not compatible. Either do not set the FilterType attribute of the WorkItemLinkFilters element to excludeAll, or else remove the WorkItemTypeFilters element. (type ProvisionValidationException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.WITImporter.ProcessLinksControls(XmlNode layout)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.WITImporter.ProcessLayout(XmlNode layout)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.WITImporter.ProcessForm(UpdatePackage batch)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.WITImporter.Translate(MetadataProvider mdp)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.ProvisionClass.Submit(ActionType action, MetadataProvider mdp, Int32 projectId, WITImporter importer)

--- end Exception entry ---

2012-10-23T14:54:21 | Module: Work Item Tracking | Thread: 21 | Validated WorkItemType definition from D:\GovDev\WorkItem Tracking\TypeDefinitions\ChangeRequest.xml.
---begin Exception entry---

The key is where the error occurs--namely in the ChangeRequest.xml workitem definition file.  What happens is that the process editor adds an extra element that was not there originally..

<Tab Label="External Links">
            <Control Type="LinksControl" LabelPosition="Top">
              <LinksControlOptions>
                <LinkColumns>
                  <LinkColumn RefName="System.Title" />
                  <LinkColumn LinkAttribute="System.Links.Comment" />
                </LinkColumns>
                <WorkItemLinkFilters FilterType="excludeAll" />
                <ExternalLinkFilters FilterType="include">
                  <Filter LinkType="Workitem Hyperlink" />
                </ExternalLinkFilters>
                <WorkItemTypeFilters FilterType="includeAll" />
              </LinksControlOptions>
            </Control>
          </Tab>

Remove that element by editing the ChangeRequest.xml file in a text editor and save.  Then upload the process template and everything should be fine.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Thanks

Brian